Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have just been diagnosed by my GP as having

I have just been diagnosed by my GP as having Hyperparathyroidism and been referred to my local hospital. I am awaiting an initial appointment with an endocrinologist. I have done my homework and I want to have the mini-surgery as a day patient. Can you tell me where I can find a 'skilled and experienced' parathyroid surgeon (preferrably with the NHS?) Thank You, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
What is your local hospital?
This is a very easy surgery so I can find someone there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My local hospital is 'Royal Derby'. I need a surgeon who performs 50+ parathyroid operations per year and is able to perform the 'minimally-invasive radioguided parathyroid surgery'.

Thank You for your help.

You will need to contact the "endocrine surgery" department at Royal Derby. They have a teaching faculty run department. They will be quite capable of handling this. Here is the link with telephone number. http://www.nhs.uk/Services/hospitals/Services/Service/Treatment/DefaultView.aspx?id=77478&spid=93019
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)