Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I had surgery at the uch hospital under your name prof mundy

I had surgery at the uch hospital under the name prof mundy but wasn't given information on the actual surgeon who carried out my operation it's been over 5 weeks since the op and I have some questions if possible
The surgeon or doctor didn't tell me how long the stricture was just that it was longer than they thought so instead of repair they replaced most of the uretha using the inside of my tongue instead of cheek?
It will be six weeks on Wednesday but the last few days I have noticed a few things
Flow rate seems to have slowed down
When I first urinate it's more of a spray and slight double
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
How can I help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will be 6 weeks Wednesday from my urethra surgery
My flow rate has slowed down
And when I start to pee it's a spray with slight double flow then goes ok but don't really do a huge amount
Does this mean my surgery hasn't worked?
No there could still just be scar tissue in the area that needs to go downBut it could also be a surgical failure. I am shocked that you don't have a follow up appointment with the surgeon. Is that how they do things in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a follow up appointment but not till the 28th of July and just so worried it hasn't worked
I thought it could be tissue in the area that needs to go down but why wasn't it like that at the start this has only started a week or so ago ?
Yes, I do think you need to be seen sooner. There could be scar tissue or inflammation causing this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything I can do to help with the inflammation or scar tissue and why would it suddnely just inflam In the first place?
I will call them tomorrow
Thanks I will rate excellent advice
James
You could ask them to try ibuprofen. It might help.
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)