Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had a miscarriage last December and was diagnosed with

Customer Question

I had a miscarriage last December and was diagnosed with a blighted ovum. Since then I have been trying to conceive. The past 6 days I have been getting extremely faint positive tests. They are so faint you have to see them in the correct lighting but they are definitely there. I got a second opinion about if someone else could see the lines and they could but just said they were very light. They are not evaporation lines as they come up in the time frame suggested in the tests. Since then the tests have not gotten any darker at all, maybe slightly lighter. And I am 2 days late for my period. I usually have a clockwork regular cycle 14 days after ovulation. Please tell me what is going on. Am I pregnant or not? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. It's likely that you are pregnant and the reason for the faintness of the blue line is because if you are pregnant it is very early. What I would suggest is waiting another week and then repeating the test. If you are pregnant the line should then be darker blue.

Let me know if you need to discuss this further