Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Can 1g of Azithromycin and 400g cefeximin be crushed into a

Can 1g of Azithromycin and 400g cefeximin be crushed into a drink I.e a smoothie
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. If you're asking if there'd be any problem with crushing the two medications and drinking them in a smoothie so far as absorption and efficacy, no that would be fine. I wouldn recommend you follow it up with a glass of water though

Let me know if you need any more information about this

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So it wouldn't give me a upset stomach or anything like that ? I have a problem swallowing pills.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, in fact it would help not give you an upset stomach--no problems with the crushed pills in the smoothie.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok great doctor. Just read so much stuff that you can't crush pills, that it can make you not well etc.