DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am yeas old and smoked years I stopped 3 months

Customer Question

I am 69 yeas old and smoked for 17 years I stopped 3 months ago I have a soreness in my osophoghs I also have a under active thyroid do you think that I have given myself a throat cancer?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
no way to say without exam and scope.
You can start with ENT or go right to a GI doctor [gastroenterologist] per referral from your GP.
I will tell you that it is far more likely that you have acid reflux rather than cancer.
This needs to be evaluated....probably acid.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.