Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

There I think I may have glass stuck in my foot, it's been

Customer Question

Hi there
I think I may have glass stuck in my foot, it's been there for about 6 months but only recently started to be very painful,especially in the mornings when I get up and walk . I've tried many times to dig it out and used magnesium sulphate to draw it out but no luck so far, should I go and c my gp?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes it is possible that you might have got a glass stuck in your foot. Such glass can cause foreign body reaction and can stay for long in the form of a granuloma. However it is not necessary, it can be something like wart etc. Irrespective of the cause you should see your GP and should ask for getting investigations like ultrasound, CT scan etc. After confirmation, he can do small surgery under local anaesthesia and can remove it. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards