Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have some bone? or tooth? which is growing fast, on the inside

I have some bone? or tooth? which is growing fast, on the inside of my gum underneath my back molar, it isn't a wisdom tooth as my dentist has x-rayed and I haven't got them, the toothache is now constant, I cant chew on that side , and now even on the other side it is painful, I am seeing my dentist again tomorrow , but he doesn't seem inclined to do anything very fast - what do you suggest it could be? ive read online about bone fragments after extractions , but ive never had an extraction - never even had a filling , and I am 32 !
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
From what you are telling me it could very well be an infected gum (gingivitis) or an abscess.
You may very well require an antibiotic to cure this.
After the x-rays results come in, that is what the dentist will most likely do if there is an infection.
You may also require a root canal treatment if infection is proven, after a course of antibiotic ofcourse.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.