Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Broke neck in 3 places and damaged spinal cord at top of spine

broke neck in 3 places and damaged spinal cord at top of spine at same time 7 years ago. All left side and right arm nerve endings affected. Now my body is in such pain and the sensitivity is disastrous. I cannot stand water, cold etc clothing will hut One specialist thinks its now coming from the brain and none of expensive medication seems to work anymore. One specialist thought I should undergo sensory brain treatment whereby they paced electrons in there etc but the results are not that great and Oxford's funding now taken away. I am getting all body severe spasms now and the spine hurts like hell when I get these attacks. I do not know where to true anymore. I seem to have been let down by NHS and those I have seen privately
Please help with some suggestions
Pat HIrst LLB
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Pat,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
can you list all the meds you have tried?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried pregabalin (seemed effective at first but I soon had an allergic skin reaction to it). I tried palaxia, in place of slow release morphine, but it seemed to cause anxiety/panic attacks. I took zydol for quite a long time before it was replaced by Naproxen. I had bad reactions to amitriptyline and nortriptyline

I would try duloxetine or venlafaxine
both are very effective for pain
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate your advice but I would ask whether the symptoms are indicative of my kind of injuries and if so, how much worse could it get or could it be something else which has developed independently of my injuries?

I realise that any answer you would hazard to give would be purely highly speculative and would not take it as gospel but i may help me try and track down what is happening to me because its very frightening. with many thanks in advance.

Pat Hirst

No, I think this is all chronic pain related
The injury caused damage to the nerves which caused pain.
The pain for a long time makes the nerves worse and so on.
It is a vicious cycle. It doesn't indicate anything else though
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States