Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

This morning I started to get a headache on my journey to work,

This morning I started to get a headache on my journey to work, the pain radiated from my temple to my cheek and jaw all on the left side. Do you think this is a migraine? It's the first time I've experienced it. 8 hours later I still have a headache / cheek pain. Headache is in the left temple.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can certainly continue after this if you'd like;

This could be a migraine but usually there are other symptoms like blurring vision, nausea, sensitivity to light, etc.

That said, the distribution of the pain is also consistent with trigeminal neuralgia--inflammation of the cranial nerve that courses along that same path.

However any significant headache like this one that is new and out of the blue needs immediate medical evaluation since it could also be a leaking intracranial aneurysm, so I strongly suggest you see a doctor right away for an exam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks - i did feel nauseas but not until later. Symptoms are relieved by paracetamol. Does that make a difference?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like a migraine, then, but since I can't examine you you really should see a doctor as soon as you can.