Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm a 47 year old woman, in the last 6 months the tip of

Customer Question

Hi, I'm a 47 year old woman, in the last 6 months the tip of my nose has been growing quite significantly and feels like a surplus lump on the end of my nose that I never had before. This has totally changed how I look and it feels strange when I wash my face or touch my nose as now there's this extra length that has appeared for the first time in my life. I'm perplexed as to how this could happen.
Are there any medical conditions or supplements that could cause this to happen?
I concerned it could keep growing..
I'm worried about going to my doctor as I feel I won't be taken seriously and be made to feel a hypochondriac!
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou
Debbie
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you shouldn't feel self conscious

you do need to see your doctor

you could have something called bulbous nose or "phymatous rosacea" when the tip of the nose gets larger

rosacea is a common, chronic inflammatory skin condition which causes irregular redness or flushing of the face which can sometimes cause worse inflammation of the tip of the nose

pustules of blocked skin pores can cause the tip of the nose to swell up

your GP doctor should refer you to see a dermatologist skin specialist for evaluation.

you might need antibiotic creams or stronger face washes to help clear up blocked skin pores.

let me know if you have questions.