DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have recently be told I have iron deficiency anemia. I also

Customer Question

I have recently be told I have iron deficiency anemia. I also have swollen glands that seem to be worsening.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been taking iron supplements for 2 weeks but seem to be worse and glands swollen. tired and always thirsty. I do not know of this requires further investigation or are these symptoms all related to the anemia?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Certainly it requires further investigation.
You should have all routine labs.
A test for mono.
And full exam.
Also tested to see if there is bleeding. Stool samples.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I had blood tests and exam before my holiday and the only thing that came up was the iron deficiency. I have only been taking the supplements for 2 weeks. But wondered if the other symptoms were usually associated and I just need to give it time or if I should see another doctor while on holiday. The swollen glands are worse and the excessive thirst and tiredness new.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No you need to be re evaluated.
These are not all symptoms of iron deficiency.please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.