Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I've a 5 week baby boy who was diagnosed with reflux

hello,i've a 5 week baby boy who was diagnosed with reflux since he was two weeks.The doctor from A&E prescribe him Ranitidine 0.6ml tree times a day when his weight was 4.6kg ,that was 2 weeks ago.Since we start the ranitidine we could see a very big improvement,the baby was happy and the only moments of crying were when he was hungry.From yesterday the baby started to cry again,i can see that he is in pain like before the ranitidine and nothing makes him happy.i was just wondering if i should go to the GP and ask if i can increase the dosage for ranitidine as i believe that he put on weight around 800g and maybe the 0.6 ml of ranitidine is not enough anymore.Thank you ,
Your sincerely ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
No I would stick with the current dose
As he gets older he will grow out of it
Plus that is still the recommended dose for him
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your answer,but do you think that i should ask the GP for something else,maybe there is something better then ranitidine,or is anything that i can do to help him?

You can ask to change to omeprazole.
It might work better than ranitidine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

alright ,thank you

you're welcome :)
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it and good luck
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)