Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have been unable to eat since Sunday only been able to drink

Customer Question

I have been unable to eat since Sunday only been able to drink if I stay laying down as soon as I move I throw up my head is thumping across the eyes and front of my head I am very lightheaded I have not pood since Friday keep going hot and cold and breaking out in a cold sweat every now and then my veins go very prominent and dark blue but only for about a minute I have no energy short of breath and every part of my body hurts I am type 2 diabetic and have a vitamin d deficiency but have been unable to take my medication
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer,

With the symptoms that you have described you need to get to the hospital as soon as possible. This requires emergency management with rehydration and nutrition therapy as well as monitoring your blood glucose and electrolyte levels.

You are likely suffering from the complication of not taking your diabetes medication leading to a hyperglycemic hyperosmolar state which is now complicated with electrolyte disturbances.

Please don't try to manage this at home, and this will not get better with time, but this needs to be treated urgently.

Take care.