DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I recently noticed a very very small bump/spot on

I recently noticed a very very small bump/spot on my testicle its about the size of a grain of sand and is sort of at the top of left side of the left testicle. It feels like a sort spot rather than bump and is very tiny. I am concerned about testicular cancer as I have read it starts out as a small spot and then grows. I check my testicles regularly and had not noticed before. I just wanted to get an opinion as to what this sounds like?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
In fact it is most likely a concretion, not cancer.
However, of course you need an exam.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could you please provide some more information, what is a concretion? What would be a sign that it could be early testicular cancer? It is really really tiny and very localised and seems to have a pointy head if that makes sense the same way a spot would. Can the fact that it appeared all of a sudden not imply that it could be something more serious? I read that cancer bumps start of really small and then increase in size

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
We are only paid peer positive rating.
I will be glad to provide further information, but do you understand that we need positive ratings to provide this service?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I will provide a postive rating can you please address the points above?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Concreations are more common, and are small collections of debris, such as minerals.
An ultrasound can fully help rule out cancer, along with exam and serum tumor marker lab tests.
As unlikely as cancer is, without exam, there is no way to exclude it 100%.
I see that others have answered you and do not think this is cancer, but you still need to see a urologist.
Please click a positive rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What would be the main tale tale sign that would differ between cancer and conretions?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Fixed to the testicle, hard, larger than what you describe.
Usually hard as a rock. not always.
Please click a positive rating at this point..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay a i just a have a further question you say its normally larger than what i describe but these larger masses would they not have started off as the size of something as small as they describe and then grow? Or do they come up large straight away?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Please click a positive rating.
It can be either way.
In most cases, however, by the time they are noticed, they are larger.
This sounds atypical for a cancer.
Good luck.
I would expect to see a rating now.
Come back as needed.