DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am experiencing lots of burning, tightening and sharp pains

I am experiencing lots of burning, tightening and sharp pains in my legs at different areas when walking and sometimes when sitting. Sometimes it feels deep within my leg, sometimes it feels just under the surface. I have noticed it seems to be worse in the last couple of months. I am about 4st overweight and have been for many years. I am 38 and female.
Is this normal varicose vein type pain?
I have some red spider veins on both legs and one lumpy green vein on one leg.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Not necessarily.
You might have a lower back disc /spine problem.
You also need to be examined to make sure you have no blood clotting.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What kind of examination is done to look for blood clotting?I have had sciatic nerve ssues in the past and this does not feel like nerve pain to me