Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have had a headache almost non stop weeks. 4 days in

Customer Question

I have had a headache almost non stop for 2 weeks. 4 days in I had a bad tooth pain which was diagnosed as a root canal that needs redoing I was pit on antibiotics until the appointment to treat the tooth. As the tooth pain got worse and the antibiotics didn't seem to be helping the dentist arranged treatment earlier and I now have the root canal packed with sedatives etc, also the dentist changed the antibiotics- 3 days in these haven't help the tooth pain yet. All the while I have the headache which seems to be getting worse - I am taking iprufromen and paracetamol on top of the antibiotics (dentist said this was ok) I saw a GP but she did a thru head movements, an eye check and said 2 weeks is not long for a headache. I don't know what to do next, I sometimes feel a bit nauseous but wonder if this could be all the tablets I'm taking.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
I agree with you on that this could be as a result of all the tablets that you are on.
The headache could most likely be related to the tooth infection that you are having.
So as long as the tooth infection is not settled you may continue experiencing this pain.
You need to maintain a close follow up with your dentist to make sure that your tooth infection is eliminated.
If your headache does not settle even after your tooth infection is treated then you need to be seen and tested further for this and you may require a CAT scan of your brain to rule out anything serious.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
How are you feeling now?
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below as that is the only way I am credited here for helping you out.