Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I've got a pain that comes and goes jst where ur left rib

Customer Question

Hi I've got a pain that comes and goes jst where ur left rib goes up near the rib in scared it my pancreatius I do drink a lot of beer and in scared would it be that high up if not wot could it be
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

if you drink a lot of beer, you could be having gastritis inflammation of your stomach which is right below your left rib

pancreatitis inflammation would tend to cause abdominal pain which radiates towards your back.

you should stop your beer drinking and see a doctor right away to get your stomach checked.

you could even have a stomach ulcer from drinking all of your beer.

you need to see a doctor who can perform an upper endoscopy scope down into your stomcah and check for alcohol damage to your stomach.

are you willing to see a doctor and seek help for your beer drinking to help cut down?