Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have buzzing ear and dizzy same time

I have buzzing ear and dizzy same time
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
This is known as Tinnitus (buzzing in the ear) and the feeling of dizziness is called vertigo. These symptoms present when there is any pathology associated with the middle and the inner ear.
This can be due to otitis media, a middle ear infection, migraine, immune mediated inner ear disease, benign paroxysmal postional vertigo (BPPV- the most common cause), Meniere disease (associated with headaches) etc.
These conditions have to be ruled out by an ENT examination.
For now I would suggest that you start on Chlorpromazine twice a day for the vertigo.
Let me know if you have any other concerns.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do i have to any test ? It make me irritate
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
No, test at the moment. You need to have the ears examined first.
After the examination, your doctor can order an audiometery, a tilt table test and perform an Epley's maneuver which is done in the office.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Gp refer to hospital to test hearing and other ear test but its normal and doctor ask to test blood and presure both normal but problem is there
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Then this is most likely BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Ask your doctor to perform an Epley's maneuver. That will alleviate the symptoms.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lets start hisyory
I have about 9-10 month dry cough a since a year then gp says viral infection and goes its self then after 9 month they gave antybayotic which stop my etchy sore coght but star buzzing ear at mean time they said i have ashma after a3 -4 month ear buzzing in and out then its continune buzzing and dizzy last 3 month
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
If you have a clear history of upper respiratory tract infections and this started afterwards then your GP should refer you to an ENT specialist and a CT scan should be done. That is the only real way of investigating this at this point in time. Inner ear pathologies, infections, inflammation, fibrosis are common after upper respiratory tract infections and they should be diagnosed and dealt with as soon as possible before a more permanent condition results.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is white spot seen in my body and its sprad other places and its make me worries(virtulego) is that any related?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
No, skin conditions are not related to the vertigo. The vertigo is most definitely related to the ear and the tinnitus.
Best.