DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am suffering from anxiety and stress, had been given Aconite

Customer Question

I am suffering from anxiety and stress, had been given Aconite 30 to take the edge off the anxiety, it worked for the first 24 hours, then stopped. Can you overdose on homeopathic remedys?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
Yes, you can over dose on homeopathic remedies. Homeopathic medication have a narrow therapeutic window as compared to allopathic medication and small amounts of dose alteration can lead to severe side effects.
I would suggest that if the drug has stopped working, you should contact your Homeopath for dose readjustment or substitution of the drug.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Completely disagree.

There is no overdose.

When it stops working, it will continue to do nothing, in almost all cases.

Very sensitive people might prove a remedy and start getting proving symptoms. There are no severe side effects with remedies in most cases.

I am an MD and a homeopath

aconite 30 has no original substance in it. Just the energy signal....so there is no such thing as a drug overdose.

If you were to endlessly take the remedy, you might or might not start proving it, but you would not get an over dose.

It is not the right remedy for your condition.

You need completely homeopathic prescribing.

I am glad to always give correct and accurate answers.

Please click a positive rating.

Let me know if you have further questions.