Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Temperature change hot and shivering.Aching limbs,Headache

Customer Question

Temperature change hot and shivering.Aching limbs,Headache 3rd day no sign stopping.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
Temperature changes with shivering and body aches is usually seen in viral infections most notably those of the throat, urinary tract and the biliary tract.
Mild to moderate ones should start to subside within 48 to 72 hours of supportive therapy like paracetamol, bed rest and fluids.
If your symptoms have been getting worse despite bed rest, paracetamol and fluids, it will be best to see a physician in the ER or an Urgent Care for an evaluation and a more effective treatment.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.