Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Symptoms :headache sinus or in the centre of the head or tension

symptoms :headache sinus or in the centre of the head or tension at the back.nasal passages raw and painful .when coughing or sniffing extreme pressure by the nasal passages and pain ,slight chills weakness and constant buzzing in my head.been going on for a week,also slight discomfort in my spine.i have tried all methods to to get rid of it but no luck.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
Can you explain how you have been using the medication and which medication you have been using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sinusitis med three times a day and headache 400 mg when needed.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.
This is most likely bacterial sinusitis and you might require antibiotics for its resolution, long standing (more than 3 weeks) sinusitis can convert in to a chronic form which is more difficult to treat and requires some form of surgical intervention. So, getting this seen earlier by your PCP will be the best course of action.
Sinusitis can also lead to ascending ear infections and thus should be treated at the earliest.
You should continue the medication you are using and start on steam inhalations thrice or four times a day with menthol crystals added to the steam, this will soothe the throat and the respiratory passages as well alleviating the symptoms. But a visit to the doctor is warranted here.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have more queries about this.
Best wishes.