Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My partner and I like to explore BDSM. I know that breast caning

My partner and I like to explore BDSM. I know that breast caning can be very damaging. I was wondering if cock and ball torture can cause the same effects? I'm thinking of scar tissue in particular, but anything else you could add would be appreciated. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

The reason that you cannot find a conclusive answer is that it depends upon the severity of the trauma during the BDSM activity. Since the genitals are sensitive, mild trauma can elicit pain without significant bruising or any other risks, such as scarring. However, with more significant trauma, there is a greater risk of bruising, including bruising of the deeper tissue, and if there is significant bruising of the deeper tissue, then there is a risk of scarring. Scarring also carries the risk of affecting the function of an organ. For the testicles, scarring can affect the tube that carries the sperm, so can contribute to fertility difficulties.

So, if you limit your activities to mild trauma that does not cause bruising or only superficial bruising, then there is no significant risk. However, if there is more severe trauma involved, then there is some risk, and the degree of risk is related to the severity of the trauma.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in responding. Would you say caning breasts is potentially more dangerous than doing the same to a man's gennitalia?
There are no studies that have determined the incidence of scarring for the respective activities, even if you could maintain a standard level of trauma. Scarring of the breast can cause pain and may interfere with breastfeeding, if that is to be considered in the future. Significant scarring of the breasts also may interfere with the sensitivity of mammograms in the future. Scarring of the male genitalia may produce pain and could interfere with fertility, if that is to be desired in the future.

To some extent, this is not a relevant issue, as each action should be judged on their own circumstances. Generally speaking, couples do not decide whether to do the least dangerous activity, but rather decide whether they want to participate in any activity that carries risk. If they do not want to accept risk, then there should only be light amounts of trauma, on either gender or body part.