Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been taking terbinafine 3 months toe

I have been taking terbinafine for about 3 months for my toe nail fungal. I recently got an infection in my tooth/gum and was prescribed amoxicillin for 5 days. I forgot to mention however, that I was on terbinafine to my dentist and have been taking the amoxicillin for the past 2/3 days so far. Is it okay to take both at the same time? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. There are no listed interactions between amoxicillin and terbinafine so you don't need to worry about taking both of them at the same time.

Let me know if you need any other information please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Can I also ask what - if any - are the implications of missing some days when taking terbinafine. I was prescribed 1 tablet a day for 3 months but will end up finishing it in 4 months.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just missing a few days' dosing here and there won't affect the terbinafine's action so being on it for four months but having missed some dosages here and there won't make any difference