Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My mother is aged 93, and is in good health apart from persistent

My mother is aged 93, and is in good health apart from persistent dizziness which is spoiling her quality of life. She is generally very active and totally independent. The GP says there is nothing top be done and she must "live with it". At present it makes things very difficult when she goes out and her confidence is being severely compromised. Is there anything she can do/take that will help. Many thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry she is having such bad dizziness

she migth benefit from medicaitons like meclizine or antivert or dramamine to help with the dizziness.

she really should get an MRI scan of the brain with contrast to see if there is something structurally in the brain like a benign meningioma which could be causing the dizziness.

the MRI scan can also check her inner ears for accoustic neuromas as well which can affect hearing.

has she had a brain MRI scan yet?