Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Dear Doctor past four years I have been getting

Dear Doctor
For the past four years I have been getting an aching type of pain on the outside of my ankles and recently on the front of my ankle This is not during the day during everyday routines, but several times a week during the night , whilst in bed. When this happens, I can feel a bone/artery/ vein, not sure which, is more prominent, raising from the ankle bone up my leg for about Six - eight inches. When I consulted my doctor, he didn’t appear to attach much importance to it or he couldn’t identify the cause. The only way I can get rid of this pain, is to get out of bed and walk around for about 15 minutes.
It would be appreciated if you could shed some light on the cause of this condition and a possible cure.
Regards Peter
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you could be having restless leg syndrome at night time which is a condition which can cause night time leg pain which is helped with walking at night time

there are medications which can help this at night like Requip (ropinirole) or Sinemet (carbidopa/levodopa) that your doctors can prescribe for you.

how old are you?

you should also get xrays of your ankles to check for arthritis and also ultrasound of your lower leg to check for poor circulation in your legs and blood testing to check uric acid which can be elevated in patients who have gout inflammation of joints, just in case

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I completed my questionaire, another box appeared to give further information which I complied with including giving my age at 82. I did a lot of exercise up to the age of 78 and had to have a replacement knee. It is now necessary to have my other knee replaced.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see.

good luck with your other knee

talk to your doctor to see if you might have restless leg syndrome condition

ask for an xray and ulrasound of your leg

see if medications for restless leg syndrome can help your legs at night time

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com