Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am 39, female, suffering from extreme fatigue

I am 39, female, suffering from extreme fatigue for about 4 months now. Have had repeated sinus infections that are being treated now with flagyl and Distaclor. Have also had lower back pain for approx 18 months. Have had MRI and shows slight bulging disc. Wake daily with muscle aches, bad headaches and the fatigue. Have been under lot of stress past 2 years, all symptoms are on left side of my body. Would it be worth seeing an endocrinologist ? Seem to have symptoms that match adrenal exhaustion. Thanks !
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Yes it certainly would be worth seeing and endocrinologist.
I would like that at least two endocrinological conditions must be ruled out:
1. Hypothyroidism, low thyroid hormones
2. Addison's disease which is a condition where the adrenal glands do not release enough cortisol leading to fatigue.
Also, I would like that you should have your vitamin D levels tested.
Low levels of vitamin D can also cause a lot of aches and pains like what you are experiencing.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have had blood tests but i don't know specifically If these items were covered. I will ask for these items to be checked, have been going around in circles for ages, kind regards, Caroline
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome.
Do follow-up with me on this.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way that I am credited here for helping you out.