Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have an possible exposure. I met a CSW worker and received

I have an possible exposure. I met a CSW worker and received unprotected blow job and sex with condom for 2 minutes. Insertive oral lasted for 15 minutes. On 3rd day I felt numbness on my left side of face and now I can feel swollen painless lymph node and also having diarrhoea since yesterday. I met her 8 days back.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. First question--

Do you still have the facial numbness and where exactly is what you're calling a lymph node?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is next to my jaw. I had severe tooth ache 4 months ago. But now i am not feeling any pain. I can feel pea shaped hardness

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And the facial numbness? And sorry but where exactly is the lump located--next to your jaw isn't very specific?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is next to jaw and sweeping and numbness is above jaw. I also have diarrhoea. Is it HIV related?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK We can certainly continue after this but none of this is HIV related.

First off, contracting HIV through oral sex is extremely rare

Secondly, if one did contract HIV there would be not symptoms if at all for at least four to six weeks.

The numbness may be Bell's palsy--a problem with the facial nerve but not virus related

The small lump isn't likely a lymph node and more likely a benign sebaceous cyst

The diarrhea could be a benign stomach virus--not HIV or any STD problem

All that said, with any episode of unprotected sex like you had, you should undergo screening for HIV, herpes, and hepatitis in about three months after the potential exposure

Let me know if you need any more information about this please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We also had deep throat kissing. I have heard that no one has ever been infected through being sucked. Is that true?Does this jaw swelling occurs without toothache?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

No, as I said, the chances of HIV with oral sex are very very low but not zero, There have been cases reported.

The jaw swelling could possibly be from a tooth infection without any tooth pain.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you said that HIV cases have been reported in which male was infected being insertive partner during unprotected oral. But I can find a single reference on internet. Do you have any proved case??

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Here's the most authorative source I can give you from the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/behavior/oralsex.html

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you recommend testing? I have already posted my exposures. And my symptoms are HIV related??

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

As I said, before, not only are your symptoms not HIV related, if one were to contract HIV the symptoms usually seen early on are a flu-like syndrome and perhaps a rash, but those don't occur for at least four weeks after exposure.

That said, yes, you do need to be screened at the three month mark. I think you'll be negative but it's best to be sure about that