Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had nausea, stomach cramps and aching limbs since Saturday

I have had nausea, stomach cramps and aching limbs since Saturday night.
Yesterday I had diarrhoea - 10 incidents within 5 hrs or so.
I would like to find a way to gain strength again and get back to work.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms this is likely to be viral gastroenteritis. It will take few more days to go away. The reason of aching limbs and generalized body aches is loss of minerals from body. You have to follow simple measures like drinking plenty of Gatorade (as much as you can). Along with that make sure that you take two tablets of paracetamol three times a day. Eat soft diet but make sure to eat enough. If you have fever above 101 then you should get this checked because in that case, it can be bacterial infection but otherwise if there is no fever or is below 101 then just follow the measures I have told and you will soon feel better. Bananas will also help you to replace the lost potassium. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards