DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I was diaignoised with ms yrs ago.mobile most of time until

I was diaignoised with ms yrs ago.mobile most of time until flare up then after few days in hospital get strength back.last flare up saw new ms Dr he said 1st primary diaignosed functional disorder 2nd primary diaignoised relapsing/remitting ms. This has confused me as he made me feel I was putting it on also while I was in my swallow got very bad. What did he mean with 1st diaignose
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No way to say what the doctor meant without talking with him.
However, a functional disorder usually means that it is reversible, not permanent, and there is no progressive pathology as one has in MS.
Some incorrectly use the term for things like somatatization, which is part of a psychiatric problem.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.