Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have constant groin and thigh pain even when lying in bed.

I have constant groin and thigh pain even when lying in bed. Sometimes the groin pain catches me very sharply and makes me stumble.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
How long has this been bothering you?
Have you noticed anything that precipitates or exacerbates the pain?
Which type of Anadin have you been taking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The groin pain for some months. For the past one month it has radiated to my upper thigh. I have not noticed anything that precipitates or exacerbates the pain. I am a fairly active person, I walk and do Tai Chi. The Anadin I take is Anadin Extra.
Thank you for the additional information.

The most common reason for chronic groin pain radiating to the upper thigh would be from degenerative arthritis in the hip. Groin pain can also be due to problems in the groin, such as a femoral hernia, but these problems are less likely to cause the individual to stumble.

An anti-inflammatory medicine would be a reasonable home intervention to try, and there is a type of Anadin that contains ibuprofen as the ingredient. The ibuprofen is better than the aspirin and paracetamol in the Anadin Extra. Some people do better with higher doses of ibuprofen, up to 2400 mg per day in several divided doses.

If this home intervention is not sufficient to ease the pain, then it would be appropriate to be seen by your doctor, and depending upon the findings on exam, an x-ray.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.