Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had a broken hip pinned two years ago. It healed well

Hi, I had a broken hip pinned two years ago. It healed well and gave me no trouble. A month ago I fell over in the garden and cut my chin on a bench. My hip was not affected but my back ached. Two weeks ago I developed a pain in my buttock which makes walking difficult, this has improved a little but persists. Could I have done some damage to my pinned hip?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Sorry to hear about your problem.
I think that your hip may have been strained a little and this pain should improve slowly in another two to four weeks time.
If the pain persists, I would recommend that you be seen by an orthopedic doctor just to be sure everything is okay.
Damage to the pin seems unlikely but even a strain of the hip or the muscles around the hip can cause the pain in which case it can take sometime to heal up and for the pain to go away completely.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me by clicking on one of the rating options when you are done.