Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My 2 year old grandson suffers from aheavy green nasal discharg

my 2 year old grandson suffers from aheavy green nasal discharg with extensive mouth dribbling sore throar mouth breathing poor sleep for the whole of his life. He has been taken off dairy foods but no improvement. Bowel movement yellow green and often loose and foul smelling. Eats very well and happy soul but short for age but not skinny Maybe adanoidal problem or might it be silent reflux
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Has he been seen for this as yet?
Any tests done?
What kind of doctor has he been seen by, if any?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he has been seen by GP and referred to dietician re possibility of allergy to dairy food so has abstained from dairy for a month.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I think that instead of a GP he needs to be seen by a pediatrician.
The reason why I say that is because he needs to have his throat and nose examined properly to have a look to see if there is any infected tonsils or adenoids or allergies that may be the cause of his greenish discharge.
Also, with the kind of stool that he is passing, celiac disease must be ruled out.
Celiac disease is a disorder of malabsorption which can cause exactly the kind of stool that you mentioned.
Malabsorption of various substances can happen and a full blood work up will also be needed to see if there is deficiency of any vitamins of minerals in his body as a result of his bowel symptoms.
So I would strongly recommend that he be referred to a pediatrician and be tested to rule various possibilities.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i believe a pediatrician referred him to the dietition

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will I be getting a reply to my last message about the pediatician referring him to the dietition

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I actually want him to be investigated properly.
If he has been investigated properly then referral to a dietitian is okay but if he has not be investigated appropriately then I would recommend that he be seen again and investigated appropriately.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way I am credited here.