Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My girlfriend recently had a stillborn she was sent to

Hello my girlfriend recently had a stillborn she was sent to the maternity assessment ward by a trainee obstectrian that was worried about the health of our child after doing a scan and concerned about the blood flow around the child's heart, on arrival at the assessment (thursday) she was seen by a midwife who told her to come back on Monday as there were no consultants available to see her. (Monday) no consultants available again so a midwife done ctg scan which she had trouble completing due to hyperactivity of our child the midwife also said the child was not feeding and the head was 4 weeks ahead and then sent her home again and told her everything would be fine and to go her obstectrian appointment as normal on the Thursday and the obstectrian would make a decision if she needed to be induced early, by that time it was too late as we found out our child had died we have received a post mortem report which showed there was no abnormalities and our child died from fetal hypoxia our obstectrian has confirmed that if she was induced when she was sent to the assessment unit our daughter would be here today but would not confirm if she would have made the decision to induce if she had been on duty that day, would you be able to advise if the care given to was at the correct level and if anything else should have been done as I do not believe she should have been sent home without seeing a consultant also she was a high risk pregnancy due to a previous child with birth defect as my girlfriend has epilepsy and diabetes she also had a previous child induced early due to her partially losing vision in one eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
does she have any other medical problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Diabetes and epilepsy just

Chris, I am so sorry this happened. That is horrible
My fear is that with the post mortem exam saying the child was normal that, yes, she should have been induced
It seems that the OB was suggesting this but didn't want to confirm and throw the midwife under the bus.
If I were you, I would seek a lawyer at this point
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)