Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

My name is ***** ***** problem 2 years.so 2 years

hi,my name is ***** ***** problem for last 2 years.so 2 years ago i got very bad vertigo.i cant walk even,i meet so many doctors,i was in hospital but they cannot take out the problem.Finally i got same doctor he gave me some stemetil and thanks God my vertigo was gone.i have some time but not that bad u know.But i still have pressure in my left ear...same days less but usually so bad some times i feel like will be blast and something will happen with my brain.i got ct scan but even that dont solve my problem.what i can do?im really tired of this.my quality of life is down.please what u can recommend.tnx
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today. Do you have any abnormal hearing/ ear discharge or pain at the ear? Were any investigations obtained to see for the cause? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi ,im really healthy.i do my blood test just 3 month ago.i dont have any allergy or whatever.i can say i feel some pain in ear.u know it feels like some worm is moving inside,like eating me from inside.i feel like my ear is full and i lost bit of my hearing. i do hearing test i cant hear high sounds.i do tests in Latvia,but im living in Ireland and i meet a lot of doctors here and i was for check up in hospital here.i dont know.may be i must go again for ct scan or for MR.Thank u

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Vertigo in your case is due to abnormality at the middle ear. Middle ear is a closed chamber with small hair follicles. Any change in posture makes these follicle send signal to the brain which in turn makes particular muscles act and hence there is no vertigo. Any change in pressure within this chamber leads to abnormal signals to the brain and hence vertigo. The cause of abnormal pressure can be varied - Inflammation or infection is the common cause. Next step - CT scan would help to look for severity of abnormality within the middle ear. You may need antibiotic/ anti-inflammatory and anti allergic medicine course to get rid of the abnormal pressure. Till than - have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ steam inhalation and warm water gargles {with pinch of salt} helps. benadryl and Ibuprofen should help too.Wish you well.Best