Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have little specs of blood on my phlegm when I cough

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
Blood in the cough or hemoptysis is a sign of many conditions like heart failure, infections in the lower respiratory tract, lesions of the upper respiratory tract, COPD, bronchogenic carcinoma etc. I would suggest that you have this evaluated as soon as possible by your physician. A chest x ray, bronchoscopy, CT scan with contrast of the chest are some of the initial investigations that are required to reach a diagnosis.
Let me know if you have more queries about this.
Please do leave a positive rating.
Regards.