Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I started sweating when in bed

I started sweating when in bed
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
How long has this been bothering you?
Have you checked your temperature when you have these sweating spells?
Are you having any other symptoms?
Do you have any chronic medical problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A few months,no,lower back pain,no
Thank you for the additional information.
Since this has been going on for a few months, this would be considered a chronic problem.
Since it is a chronic problem, the causes of chronic night sweats would be the same whether there is a fever or not, so the fact that you have not checked your temperature is less of an issue.
There are many possible causes of chronic night sweats. It can be related to certain chronic infections or inflammatory conditions, such as tuberculosis or endocarditis. It can be related to several types of metabolic conditions, such as thyroid disease or the hormonal changes that occur with menopause. It also can be related to certain sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea. It is also common as a side effect to certain drugs, but since you have no chronic medical problems, you would not be taking the medicines that could be doing this.
I ask about symptoms, because other symptoms may suggest what type of problem may be causing the night sweats. Low back pain could be related to a chronic musculoskeletal inflammatory condition, but low back pain is also a common symptom and may not be related.
At this point, it would be difficult to determine the actual cause without performing an appropriate evaluation so it would be appropriate to see your doctor.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.