Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am a woman age57. Five years ago my son then aged 17 overheard

Customer Question

I am a woman age57. Five years ago my son then aged 17 overheard an argument with my husband and I. My husband had visited prostitutes. My son was doing his leaving cert and very academic. I decided to try and cope with the problem through counselling with my husband. My son is now visiting New York for summer.. Their seems to be a sudden and erratic outburst of anger and crying with my son. I am sick worrying about him. He does not want to come home and be in the same house as him. He wants us to visit in New York and sort things out. He said he was in a bubble for 5 years and had to stay quiet. My husband has had his faults but is good man and good provider. What plan of action doI take?? He thinks any of us were not there for him? Upset and devastated
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Just to be clear here--your son would like you and your husband to come to New York so the three of you can work things out? If so, would the trip be possible for you and your husband?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Sheila but yes to the two of you visiting him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That wasn't my answer Sheila but before I do answer I need a little more information--are you saying you and your husband could visit your son in New York?