DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

From my knee down to and including my feet will become swollen.

From my knee down to and including my feet will become swollen. my legs swell very badly . I also get watery blisters and scabs on them. Luckily it didn't become infected this time and leave more scars. I also get lumps on my legs from the knee downwards. I am disabled and have problems with my body, lower back pain, pain in, my legs and hips. I hope you have some idea of what is going on. I do not sit all day and when I do sit down I always put my legs up. Thank you.
Nicky.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.
Most typically this would be bad veins in the legs.
It causes all of these symptoms.
You need a doppler ultrasound study of the legs.
Other possible causes:
heart problems.
kidney problems.
thyroid problems.
liver problems.
The first step is exam and ultrasound.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.