Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am used to being very active and had a very active

Customer Question

I am used to being very active and had a very active job. I have been made redundant and have not been doing much active for a few weeks now, and sit around my house a lot.
I have had for a week now the following:
Muscle aches and pains.
Joint aches and pains.
Some times pins and needles in my feet and hands, but not to often.
I feel more tired.
It feels like I have been down the gym and over worked my body feeling.
My blood presure is normal and I am eating well.
It is worrying me and I do think about it a lot.
Please help.
Steven.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries
The symptoms that you are having are most likely indicative of a viral infection which should go away in due course of time usually up to a couple of weeks time.
Meanwhile taking anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen 200 to 400 mg three to four times a day should help with your problem.
If your symptoms persist or worsen I would strongly recommend that you be seen and tested.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

\

I disagree.

You don't have the other symptoms of flu, which typically causes muscle aches. Mono is a possibility.

So is autoimmune disease.

This has been a week. Go in for exam and testing!!! Don't wait on this.

Do not self treat.

In some situations, anti inflammatories should not be used.

There is absolutely no reason to wait further, as this has been a week, symptoms have not abated, and they are not classic for a viral infection....needs to be checked out now.

I am a double board certified US doctor and I will give you complete, safe, accurate and concise answers, always.

Please click a positive rating.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Your viewing interrupted my edit, so I would like to add, that the type of drugs recommended to you, in some types of flu, just to give you an example, can cause real problems.
http://www.bmj.com/content/338/bmj.b2345
Pracetamol is a far more recommended drug...but...I suggest talking with your doctor now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.
What is Mono please, and is it bad?
I do have varacus vains in my right leg.
I do have a condition my doctor said I had a year ago again which men get.
It when you press above the bum hole and it hurts. The hairs on the inside rubbing or being infected.
Many thanks,
Steven.
No, it is mono nucleosis, and it is a viral infection that ultimately goes away in most cases...but you have to be examined to make sure your liver and spleen are not affected.
This does not seem to relate to your other conditions.
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the name for the condition I had before. I think it is to do with a cyst. I was told that it would give me pain around all that area and men can't even sit down very well as in pain.
This which I have had for a wile could of given me problems do you think?
I did stay in for over a week and just be lazy, could my muscles be a problem due to lack of my normal movement ?
I also have put on some weight, but I'm eating more normal now and not burning the calories. Growing pains.
Sorry to go on about it I'm just trying to give my more information.
Many thanks,
Steven.
Polynoidal cyst.
This is not the cause of your problems.
YOu have to have testing at this point.
Can not diagnose this without it.
Please click a positive rating.
We are only paid PER Rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question and then I'm done.
What do you think it could be and do you think it could be bad for me?
I will then rate this and close.
Thank you for all your help today.
Steven.
I answered this above.
The differential is extensive.
I think it could be mono.
I think it could be an autoimmune problem.
Fibromyalgia.
Hidden infection.
Muscle inflammation [a lab test called a cpk needs to be done.].
Any of these things can be bad if untreated.
OK, so that is an initial answer….