Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been having a problem with painful, numb and swollen

Customer Question

Hi. I have been having a problem with painful, numb and swollen feet for five weeks. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having bad painful numb and swollen feet.

you need to see your doctor to get heart testing. new weakness of your heart can cause swelling in both feet.

you need ultrasound scans of your legs to check for blood clots. ultrasounds of the legs can also look for poor circulation and stenosis or narrowing of arteries in your legs which can cause swelling.

you need blood testing to check your liver and kidney functions. weakness of your liver can cause low blood albumin levels and cause swelling in your legs

blood clots in the legs is an emergency situation and if you do have blood clots, you need that treated right away with blood thinners.

some doctors would recommend that you go to the ER or A&E department at the hospital to get seen right away to get emergent ultrasound scans of your legs to check for blood clots

do you have have a hospital or A&E department close to you?

can you see your GP doctor right away for testing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** Really helpful. I will hurry up with my appt with my gp to check on renal and liver function blood tests. There is a hospital with A&E quite near me, and I will turn up tomorrow. From what you say, this does seem to be a matter of urgency. I am very grateful for your professional advice.

I don't seem to be able to cut and paste what you advised me to do. Are you able to email a copy to***@******.***?

And you might just have saved my life!

Thanks, ***** *****

Frances

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
this whole chat is in your email as a link already.

here is the information again.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
do you have any other questions