Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Last September I crashed heavily on the pavement, on my right

Customer Question

Last September I crashed heavily on the pavement, on my right hand side, hurting my shoulder, ribs, and side of hip which had a large blue bruise later, and which at the time caused agonising pain for a long time. As time has gone on, I do not get "agonising" pain anymore, but my leg and hip hurts all the time and makes me miserable. It wakes me up at night quite often. My question is: at the age of 83, how long will it take for the ligaments and spine (I think I have hurt my back too) to recover,? This stops me walking far, because later I suffer more pain, walking does not improve it. Previously I was a great walker, and miss it. I never consulted my Dr. at the time as I was in too much pain to visit the surgery, but recently I did show it to my Dr. and he touched the hip (outer skin) which caused me to yelp. All he said was that it would take a long time to heal; but it has now been nearly 10 months, and |I am still suffering. Can you please give me any advice about the possible length of recovery?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
10 months is a long period of time and this should have healed up by now as far as I am concerned.
Are you currently on any pain medications?
Any tests done recently for this?
What kind of a doctor did you see for this?