Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

Dear Doctor, I've been using a symbicort (steroid) turboinhaler

Dear Doctor, I've been using a symbicort (steroid) turboinhaler for asthma, and have read the information leaflet which says you shouldn't use it after 3 months. I think I may well have been using it after this time. I have been worried about STIs and have had tests for HIV at appropriate times, which have all been negative. Could using this inhaler after the recommended time of 3 months have affected the results of the HIV antibody tests. I think it was the 4th generation tests that I have had.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.

I am Dr.Amita and I would be helping you today.

This is the initial answer and you can ask any further questions on the topic afterwards.

At the most using the Symbicort inhaler after use by date would decrease the effectiveness of the inhaler.It would not interfere in any way with the tests for HIV.

You should rest assured on this account.