Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

HiNeed help doctor said everything is ok. but I feel very bad....Two m

Need help doctor said everything is ok. but I feel very bad....
Two months since realised that I have high blood pressure... Realised when one morning woke up swollen and had feet like no toes... Went to doctor made blood test result everything is fine kreatinin 90 doctor comments as kidneys working on full... strip test shows blood non hemolysed and proteins, week later doctor took urine test but not the morning portion ... results everything ok. ....... Pressure jumps to 188/137 head ache non stop.. urination good only in the morning during the day small portions... fill sick after food intake... skin very dry.. in the same time when discovered swelling and high BP suddenly rosacea appeared with no symptoms before straight to third level .... Doctor prescribed ramipril for blood pressure... Should I force doctor or go to hospital about kidney bladder problem ... some how fill it is the reason of my pressure and bad flling...
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
What is the blood pressure before it jumps to 188/137?
Have you had any evaluation besides the creatinine and urinalysis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Average blood pressure 150/115. Since yesterday cant eat at all fill sick all the time. No other evaluations... 14 years ago when I was pregnant I had pyelonephritis, now condition quite similar but I am not pregnant.

Thank you for the additional information.

With this severity of blood pressure, there should definitely be an evaluation to look for any secondary causes of hypertension. In the majority of people with hypertension, there is no identifiable reason for the hypertension, but there are some people in whom the hypertension is due to another medical condition. In these situations, it is called secondary hypertension.

It is more likely that secondary hypertension is present in a younger person or in people with more severe hypertension, both of which are true for you.

You are correct that kidney disease is one of the possible causes of secondary hypertension. However, there are several other conditions that should also be considered, such as certain types of vascular problems or hormonal problems, such as excessive levels of cortisol or adrenaline.

It would be appropriate that you insist with your doctor that an evaluation be done. The appropriate evaluation usually does not require being in a hospital, but it frequently does require evaluation by specialists, including a Nephrologist for kidney diseases and an Endocrinologist for hormonal diseases.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your answer.

You are very welcome.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.