Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My daughter is 10 years old and has recently been

Customer Question

Hi, my daughter is 10 years old and has recently been doisined as having pediatric Gerd and from mon is vomiting after evey time she eats. Need to no what kind of food to give her or nothing for a while. All shes had today was toast this morning then dry corn flakes and plain biscuits and still she vomited.

Shes on 15mg lansoprazole for acid reflex and on 2,000 unit pro D3 for low vitamin levels. Every time she burps shes got a yuggy taste in her thought

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically one needs to avoid acidic or reflux-inducing foods (such as tomatoes, chocolate, and mint) and beverages (such as juices, carbonated and caffeinated drinks).
You need to give her small, frequent meals . Greasy and spicy foods must also be avoided.
Other important measures that may be taken if present are weight reduction for obese children and elimination of smoke exposure if present.

Take care.