DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have extreme hay fever last few days. I am aware

I have extreme hay fever for the last few days. I am aware that the pollen count in my area is very high. I am currently taking the medication on beconaise and Clarityn. Loratadine.Is there any other medication (tablets or other)I can take that would improve my hay fever.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You should not keep adding medications on your own.
Over the counter medications can interact and cause more side effects.
Have you seen an allergist?
This needs examination if it is not resolving...sometimes it can be sinus infection that becomes chronic.
You need an exam of your sinuses now, whether from your doctor or a specialist.
No, I would not at anything to claritin. The next step would be prescription medication.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.