Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a brunning sansation in my grion im a male its not in

i have a brunning sansation in my grion im a male its not in my tassticles can you help
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
What scans have you had?
Have you had any surgeries or trauma in that area?
Do you notice any bulge in the groin when straining or coughing?
How long have you been having this for?
Previously diagnosed medical conditions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have had this about two years i have no bulge in my groin when i couth or strain the two scans i had they put jelly on and a nurse usd a item so they could look on a screen ive had no surgeries in that area can you help its very painfull and making me depressed

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.
This seems like a compressed nerve, most likely the ilioinguinal nerve that passes through the inguinal canal and is responsible for the sensations of this part of the body.
Another cause that comes to mind is a compressed nerve at the thoraco lumbar area, where the nerves that supply this area originate from.
The scans were ultrasound scans and they were done to rule out a hernia. And since you do not have any swelling in the area and there is nothing obvious on the scans, this is not a hernia.
The fact that the pain is sharp and stinging and intermittent points towards neuropathic pain.
I would suggest that you see a Neurologist and have a nerve conduction study done as well as an x ray of the thoracolumbar spine (2 views). The management will be dictated by the above tests.
For now, I would suggest that you ask your PCP to prescribe you Gabapentin or Pregabalin, which are nerve membrane stablizers and are very beneficial in neuropathic pain of this intensity.
I would also suggest that you apply pregabalin liquigel on the groin thrice a day for effective pain relief till the cause is identified and treated.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have any concerns about this.
Best wishes.