Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Ive been getting a reoccurring spot on my vagina with

Hello ive been getting a reoccurring spot on my vagina with this i get terrible pain in my buttocks the only thing that seems to help is a hot water bottle. It disappears for months then occurs again its usually after ive done a eight hour shift at work on my feet or after ive had intercourse please help!!!
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
When you develop the spot on your vagina, how long does the spot last before it disappears?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does sometimes go over night with the hot water bottle but the longest ive had it is three to four days

When someone is having recurring spots on the genitals, the most common condition would be genital herpes. However, if the spot disappears overnight in some cases, that would be very atypical for genital herpes.

Could you describe these spots in more detail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its just one spot its like a pimple on the same place white head. What would the pain in my bum be then ? That always comes at the same time

Herpes grows in the nerve, so will frequently have pain in the genitals or buttocks associated with a herpes outbreak.

Does the pimple form into a blister or an ulcer?
Does it drain pus as it resolves?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it doesn't it just disappears

Thank you for the additional information.

The description of the spots are most consistent with obstructed glands. This is usually due to hardened secretions that are blocking the ducts, forming the pimples that you are experiencing. The hardens secretion will soften with time and the application of the hot water bottle.

It is not common for a vaginal pimple to cause pain in the buttocks, but there must be some irritation of the nerves of the pelvis that is perceived as buttock pain.

Soaking in warm bath water on a daily basis may be able to prevent these pimples, but it also may be more effective to add some Betadine to the warm bath water.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this something that will just stop in time or will it be something i just have to live with? It isnt something that can cause any other problems to my body what is betadine what does it do?

It will usually improve with time, but it varies from one individual to another. It would not cause any other problems with the body. Betadine is an antiseptic, so can limit the number of germs on the genital skin which in combination with the warm water helps prevent the hardening of the secretions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What made you think it was something other than herpes im just concerned now as you originally said herpes

Two things. First, as I said above, it is very atyical for herpes to disappear overnight. Second, herpes may start as a small bump or a pimple, but it will then progress to a blister and then an ulcer, and you said that it does not do that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Right ok thanks very much

You are very welcome.