Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I was dancing on Saturday evening and I had a sudden pain on

Customer Question

I was dancing on Saturday evening and I had a sudden pain on the inside of my ankle lower leg and find walking more difficult. Aching pain in calf.Not extremely painful.How should I respond to this injury?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Most likely you have either pulled a muscle or a tendon or a ligament in the ankle. There could be a combination of injuries i.e. injury to a muscle or a ligament in the ankle is the most likely combination in your case.
I would recommend that you should give your foot as much rest as possible for at least two weeks.
Meanwhile I would recommend that you should take anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen 200 to 400 mg three to four times daily for the pain and inflammation.
I would also preferably want that you should be seen by your doctor to be examined just to be sure.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.