Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I usually take 8 x 30/500 co-codomol a day RTA I

Hi, I usually take 8 x 30/500 co-codomol a day for a RTA I suffered. I usually take them 4 hours apart and today took 2 at 7am and then by accident I've just taken 4 at 11am thinking I'd not had them, will I be ok if I don't take anymore for the rest of the day?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

If you do not take any further pills for the rest of the day, you will be OK from the perspective of serious side effects. There is an increased risk of less serious side effects, such as nausea/vomiting or excessive sedation, but you will be OK in that there will not be serious complications or overdose.

It is important to note that excessive sedation can be serious if performing activities that require alertness, such as driving. But as long as you are not in a situation in which it would be dangerous to be sedated, the symptom will pass without difficulty.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.