Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Recently had a fall Hospital says c-spine injury how do itreat

recently had a fall Hospital says c-spine injury how do itreat it . and what exactly is it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Sorry to hear about your problem.
Can you please let me know what your symptoms are.
Did they do an MRI of your neck spine where this injury was visible?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes had MRI pain in lower back constant finding it hard to sit stand or even lay down for any length of time

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.
C-spine means cervical spine i.e. the neck spine.
Pain in the lower back is not likely to be related to a problem in the C-spine. For that she would require MRI of the lower spine to have a look at the spine in the lower back area to see if that is causing her pain.
At the moment, she requires good prescription pain medications to help with her pain particularly if over-the-counter pain medications like ibuprofen have not helped her.
Also, in such kind of pain related to the back, nerve pain medications may be helpful such as pregabalin, gabapentin or duloxetine.
Often, there is also a muscular element to the pain in which case medications that relax the muscles of the back such as cyclobenzaprine may also be helpful.
She should maintain a close follow up with her GP or whoever she is following up with.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.